Dear DGA Clients, Supporters, and Friends,
Like you, we are following developments with the COVID-19 situation very closely. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your efforts to mitigate the effects of this crisis, and also to acknowledge the assistance of our government and health officials at this unprecedented time.
As all of us adjust to the changing circumstances, we want to assure you that DGA is open for business. We very much appreciate your sending us new work, and remain dedicated to the continued success of your projects. We are with you, and want to support you. Together, with clear heads and prudence, we can each help solve this problem, remain optimistic, and focus on the better days ahead. We hope that you agree that maintaining our country’s economic prosperity will help avoid further hardships for us all. So, thank you for not succumbing to fear, ‘staying the course’ with your projects and enterprises, and continuing to provide work and support to your local businesses wherever you can. Doing our part to maintain the ongoing health and safety of our friends and loved-ones and ensuring the continued viability of our communities is our top priority here at DGA. In an effort to meet the needs of both our employees and our clients in these times, here are some of our actions and observations – we are:
- Monitoring the fluidity of the unfolding situation and staying updated on a daily basis.
- Continuing to operate following government and health officials recommendations.
- Working remotely, having implemented a ‘work-from-home’ strategy, maintaining a ‘full staff compliment’.
- Maintaining one key staff person in the office to attend to critical administrative actions.
- Ensuring that the office telephone number is answered and monitored regularly.
- Each available via our emails and our mobile phones during regular office hours (9am – 5pm).
- Providing Partners mobile phone numbers should you need to reach them: Graham 604-818-1694, Craig 604-786-2138, Ernest 778-836-9296.
- Happy to arrange ‘virtual meetings’ as required, in lieu of face-to-face.
- Monitoring ‘Authorities Having Jurisdiction’ regularly. You have options: to date authorities are continuing to operate, moving to appointment systems, considering online permit applications, have only short delays.
- Mindful of later ‘Authority & Approvals Bottlenecks’. You have options: we strongly recommend continuing with new and ongoing projects, prepare and make permit applications so as to ‘remain in the queue’ for approvals to avoid later large delays.
- Aware that contractors may slow or stop operations out of respect for ‘social distancing’. You have options: design, negotiations, and approvals can continue. Let us help you with that.
- Thankful to our consultant partners who continue to operate and support our clients’ needs and our operations.
On behalf of all of us here at DGA, please continue to stay safe and healthy, be kind to one another, and support your loved-ones and your communities. Thank you for your support of DGA, and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
Graham Elvidge, Architect AIBC, MRAIC
Diamond Group Architecture inc.
Suite 410 – 119 West Pender Street, Vancouver BC, V6B 1S5