Our office actively seeks for passionate individuals to join our team, below is the current opening position for those eager to take on the challenge:
Intern Architect / Technologist
- Architectural Graduate, or 4-year degree in Architectural Technology related.
- Registered or eligible to register with the AIBC.
- 3 to 5 years minimum local experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Vectorworks, Sketchup, Acrobat, Photoshop, Word, Excel. AutoCAD / Revit capabilities an asset.
- Experience in the preparation of design and contract documents.
- Experience in Contract Administration.
- Understanding of municipal zoning bylaws, building bylaws, energy upgrades, specifications.
- Analytical, design, and problem-solving skills, focusing on the ‘critical path’.
- Passionate about the profession; enjoys architecture, planning, and technology issues.
- Personable, communicative, and accountable.
- Manage & Coordinate Project: documents, schedules, meetings, clients, consultants, contractors, authorities, etc.
- Prepare & Coordinate Documents: architectural drawings, construction details, contract documents, permit applications, etc.
- Liaise with Authorities: apply a strong knowledge of municipal process, zoning bylaws, building codes, other regulations.
- Adapt to Changing Work Demands: prioritize work, complete tasks quickly and efficiently, maintain schedules.
- Work both Independently and within Project Teams, taking on different roles.
- Work on several projects simultaneously.
- Work in a variety of areas of practice.
- Communicate Clearly, Concisely, Professionally: verbal, written, and drawn.
- Problem Solve: identify efficient solutions to complex problems, ask colleagues, use other sources, share new knowledge with staff.
- Report to senior staff.
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (in PDF) to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop-in inquiries. We thank all applicants for their interest, those selected for an interview will be contacted.